The tiny hummingbird is the only bird that can fly upside down and backwards. Attract these expert fliers to your feeder with this simple nectar recipe. Learn how to make hummingbird food with this how to video.
You Will Need
* A saucepan
* Granulated sugar
* And a bird feeder
* A storage bottle
* And an ice cube tray
Step 1: Choose a batch size
Decide how much nectar to make, using four parts water to one part sugar.
Step 2: Make the mix
Bring water to a boil in a saucepan, add the sugar, and stir until it dissolves.
Step 3: Add sugar
Cover the pan and let the mixture boil for one to two minutes. Remove from heat.
Step 4: Cool and use nectar
Cool the nectar mixture to room temperature and pour it into your hummingbird feeder.
*Tip: Store leftover nectar in the refrigerator for up to two weeks or pour it into an ice cube tray and freeze. Thaw nectar cubes to room temperature before using them.
Step 5: Refill feeders frequently
Check your feeders for mold or fermentation twice a week, or more often during hot weather. If it's cloudy, it's time to clean and refill your feeders. Be glad you don't have to feed every 15 minutes, like hummingbirds do!
Hummingbirds are found only in the western hemisphere.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades